Tuesday, 29 July 2014

I've been very lucky lately in the shoe department. I found these beautiful hardly worn 1940s cherry red heels on ebay. They're amazing and they have that nice vintage smell to them that reminds me of antique shops and old buildings. This is my very first pair of true vintage shoes, I've often been quite hesitant to buy online because of my short yet wide feet but I took the plunge and it paid off. Finding vintage shoes in shops in Western Australia is almost impossible and even if you're lucky they are rarely the right size or style. I can't wait to wear them when the weather isn't so rainy, if only it would fine up! 

Secondly, there was a huge EOFY sale on at Myer (a major department store). While I was out with my boyfriend enjoying the evening hawkers market in the city we went for a walk and I spotted these beauty's by Vivienne Westwood for Melissa. Oh boy, was I leaving with those babies. I love Melissa shoes, they smell so good....they're like adult barbie shoes but ridiculously comfy. They were thankfully discounted and my boyfriend bought them for me as a very early birthday present. I've fallen so much in love with them, I've been waiting to buy a style of these shoes for so long so when the version with the red heart came back I was ecstatic. 








4 comments:

  1. What a great find on those vintage shoes! And the Melissa shoes - oh my goodness!! They are just so beautiful ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh I was so pleased they fitted, modern feet make buying vintage shoes so hard! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm swooning over these shoes right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how lucky I've been! Sometimes you just get really lucky huh?! :) I probably won't find any cute shoes for a long time now :P

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)