Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Polka Dot Vintage Market Aug 2014



Prescription Ray Bans (wooo), self made dress, Dotti tights, Kmart flats, Sportsgirl bag.

If there is one think that gets me excited its the Polka Dot Vintage Market. I've never really seemed to have much luck when it comes to finding bargains and I've generally found it to be a bit hit and miss with stalls but I always LOVE just trawling through. So many beautiful, crazy things! It's always a good day out. The one thing that makes it challenging is the crowds, as a country girl transplanted into the big city for uni, crowds scare me. I find it rather difficult navigating the crowds of people all trying to go down the narrow walkways between tables in different directions. If you're too polite I've found you just get stuck so you just have to battle it out like everyone else! 

My boyfriend and I had a lovely day going through everything, he managed to pick up a wind up film movie camera made in the USSR and something else for one of his cameras. It's amazing, It still makes the most lovely old movie camera sound so it's fun to play with, if only we could find the film.  I managed to nab some gorgeous black 1930s/1940s shoes (pictures coming soon), a present to myself for kicking butt at my first semester of uni. 

Afterwards we made our way down to the glorious Subiaco Markets (which they are now trying to knock down). It has the BEST range of cheap food and vegetables I have seen, every single type of cuisine you could think of all in one area. It's so disappointing that they want to get rid of it because it's just so lively and bright....especially since they want to replace it with Coles and Target. I suggest going down to the markets before they do close, enjoy the food and sign a petition. It's only metres from the Subiaco train station and doesn't take long at all to get there from the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)