Sunday, 28 December 2014

My first circle skirt




If you read my blog you probably know that this project has been a while in the making. I put off hemming it for the longest time, purely because I was terrified of the curved hem! However after finishing the sewing part pretty quickly I have come to the conclusion that circle skirts are amazing. I mean look how twirly they are! and flattering! Gosh, why I haven't I made them sooner? 



See! Its so full and pretty! 



Action shot: wind 

(tip: wind and circle skirts are not a GREAT combo)


I'm so happy I finally got to use this fabric, I bought it over a year ago from spotlight. I fell in love with it and planned to make a dress but I saw a red patterned circle skirt and KNEW that I needed to make one. The good news is that I have loads left over! Matching top? 

Top: Target
Skirt: self made
 Bag: 1950s vintage
Shoes: Mel by Melissa


10 comments:

  1. Its turned out beautifully the fabric is gorgeous! I think circle skirts are so fun to wear even with the occasional undies flashing fear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd been saving that fabric for a while :) I do love how twirly and pretty they are....it makes up for having to hold them down when its breezy! :)

      Delete
  2. It looks awesome! I have many (currently unfilled) plans to make matching circle skirts and tops so that I don't have to choose between making skirts or dresses from my pretty fabrics ^___^ I also really love your bag! It reminds me of picnics ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Me too! I'm currently deciding which pattern to make a matching top out of....if I have enough fabric I might make shorts and make it a 3pc. I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself though :P I always, always choose dresses so I am forcing myself out of my comfort zone.

      Thank you! I got it from a vintage store (now retro ice-cream/milk shake parlour in Bunbury) quite a while ago and it was love at first sight :)

      Delete
  3. This is fab! I have just finished sewing up my first circle skirt too and it was also the hem that took me ages to try it - your fabric choice is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh thats wonderful! :) Haha I don't know why, but hemming it was so intimidating!

      Delete
  4. hello there in the gorgeous Australia...wow...great work! Your self made Skirt is a so stunning piece of Art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Thats such a lovely compliment!

      Delete
  5. Wow, fantastic skirt! I get you with the wind factor...I teach at a boys' school and have to remember not to wear circle skirts there because the school is on the river and always windy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I can see why! It gets pretty windy here too, especially in the city as its one giant wind tunnel. They're so pretty but unless the fabric is heavy you do have to be careful. I was out the other day wearing one when it was windy and I saw some table cloth weight clips.....I was tempted to say the least! :)

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)