Sunday, 11 January 2015

The vintage sewing pattern pledge


It's time for the 2015 vintage sewing pattern pledge! Since I began sewing I have bought way more patterns than I have been using, which is nothing to be ashamed of. However my sewing output has fallen far behind my acquisition of patterns meaning that many of my beloved patterns haven't even been made up yet. This is why I have joined this years pledge. 

During 2015, I Alecia, will sew at least five of my vintage or vintage reproduction patterns.

I am yet to decide which patterns I aim to complete, although even If I were to chose them I would probably change my mind! I hope to sew some separates, but I have many dress patterns that are waiting to be made up too. I'm so excited to get this started and I hope that you all join and share your makes too!

Alecia xx


4 comments:

  1. That's great!! I personally like vintage repro patterns much better than modern ones - there are so many cute details!!
    Have fun with sewing this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm forever looking through old patterns on pinterest hoping that they will reprint the ones I like. I'm not a huge fan of modern patterns, I do have a few but they are mostly 'vintage inspired' or really basic patterns. I just love all the details, especially all the draping and gathering on 1940s patterns. Its also fun to think that someone was sewing that pattern all those years ago, it appeals to the history lover in me.

      Delete
  2. I was actually going to post something like this and I love this pledge so much! One of my goals for the year is to sew more clothes than what I buy! I have a huge pile of patterns I want to get through. Can't wait to see what you make xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great pledge! I find myself buying and buying and never getting through anything. Thats such a good goal! I always end up buying too much and not sewing enough so I'm going to really try this year. I can't wait to see what you make too!

      xx

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)