Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Free pattern drafting book





Nothing beats an old pattern drafting book....especially when it's FREEEEE. Thats right guys, no money. Zilch. None. As free as the wind. This book contains general sewing info and garment finishing tips, PLUS both women and mens pattern drafting. Yep pretty cool huh!? 

It originally came with what I presume are very basic patterns such as slopers that one would change using the diagrams provided. If you have slopers and at least advanced beginner skills you'll be able to whip up some pretty cool vintage repro garments. 

I found this while trawling the internet and I thought I would share it with you all. Sharing after all, is caring. 

You can access it here for download
You can look at the digital record here

*This was not reproduced by me, this is available through the National Library of Australia records*


2 comments:

  1. Coolness! I love free stuffs! Ha ha.... these dresses look way hard! I can't wait to see what you do with them!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what a sloper is, I'm a very beginner sewer, but I might have a look at this later! Thanks for the link x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)