Friday, 13 March 2015

Friday update: 5 facts about me



 1. I HATE matches. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. Lighting candles is not my forte, not unless I have a lighter like the refillable ones from Dusk. In an apocalypse I would probably be useless because of my inability to hold onto a match for more than 0.05 seconds. In fact I don't think I have any skills that would come in handy during an apocalypse....someone buy me the Zombie Survival Guide for Christmas??

2.  I don't drink coffee, not because I don't like the taste (I do), but because It makes me feel ill. 

3. My favourite decades fashion wise are the 30s, 40s and 50s. I would not like to have lived in those decades though. I think it would be fun to visit just to hoard vintage clothes and objects, maybe buy a house to live in the future. I don't think I could live happily in times when women and many minorities were treated even worse than they are now. I think as a modern woman I would find it quite hard. 

4. I love socks. Thick, wooly socks with awesome patterns are one of my favourite things in the whole world. I once received a pair of fair-isle double layer fluffy socks with grips on the bottom and the day they become unwearable is the day the world will be flooded with my tears.

5. Everything item of stationary I own for uni has some form of animal on it. Print or sticker....it's there. I am such a mature 'mature age' student. 

Alecia xx



9 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on number 3 (although I'm more of a 50s, 60s and 70s girl). People bang on about how everything was so much better then, but really, it was only better if you were a white middle or upper class man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! People always go on about how classy everyone was but it's just a case of looking back through rose tinted glasses. Not being able to own a house, have a bank account, go out on your own, have a career.....so many things we take for granted now. If I get upset now with sexism I hate to think how I would feel back then.

      Delete
  2. In case of a zombie apocalypse, we should team up and I can light the matches for you; I like lighting matches (they remind me of birthdays!). P.S. patterned socks are the best; I am currently wearing black and white stripey socks with a cat wearing a bow tie on them and I adore them so much! ^____^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! yes! Good idea :)

      They sound amaaaaazing! One of the things I hate about summer is that sometimes its too hot for socks. I'm so excited for the coming winter :)

      Delete
  3. 3 & 5! I love collecting character stationary {particularly stuff from Japan} and my office is filled with random bits of cuteness.

    And time traveling to hoard all the vintage? So yes! I think that every vintage lover dreams of being able to do that... I would love to be able to go back in time and collect vintage dresses and shoes! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japanese stationary is the best! I also love a lot of the kids orientated stuff from Kiki-K, I'm not into all the 'grown up' sophisticated stuff. No point spending money on boring stationary :)

      I just think of all the vintage shoes I could buy.....in my size!! *sigh*

      Delete
  4. Lovely selection of facts. Those are my favourite decades ever for fashion as well, with the years spanning '47 to '57 being my absolutely most fave (not coincidentally in the slightest because the New Look took off like wildfire in 1947).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! I love the New Look! It's just so flattering, I'm always looking out for something along the lines of that famous blazer.

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)