Saturday, 27 June 2015

Pattern Round-up McCalls Early Fall/Autumn 2015

You know what time it is! I haven't done one for a while so I thought I would show some of the patterns in the new McCalls collection.

The Archive Collection

M7190-Tunic, belt and skirt

This is something quite cool and different from the other archive collection patterns provided by McCalls. I imagine someone holding a cocktail party wearing this while waltzing around the family room passing canap├ęs and champagne around to all her fabulously dresses friends and having a fabulous time.

M7184- Misses and children's skirt and top 

I am dying from all the cuteness of the matchy-matchy outfits. I love the adult version and think that both the shirt and the skirt would be awesome pieces for a vintage wardrobe. However I thin the children's version is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. I mean look at that kid, look how fabulous she looks!

Learn to sew for fun!

M7198- Shorts and pants


Dammit these pants look comfy, they're stretch! STRETCH! Also loving the late 90s SATC meets Myer catalogue chic. Kudos to this lady for pulling off a sleeveless turtle neck, thats no easy feat.

M7202- Cape

This looks so warm. Its winter in the southern hemisphere and dammit I could totally go for a cape right now. 

Costumes

M7214
Yes! 

M7215


Yes!

M7211

y

Yes!




Misses

M7197- skirt

This is a bloody cute skirt! She looks so happy! "LOOK THEY PUT ME IN SOMETHING THAT FITS" (Just kidding McCalls, you're not that bad!) I would be so excited too if I got to wear that fabric.

M7205- Top


 Not bad! I do dislike it when they use a busy print that makes the finished product look drastically different from the line drawing. I want to be able to see the details in the top and not spend minutes wondering if thats a princess seam or a part of the fabric pattern.

M7194- Top


This looks insanely comfortable. I'm not sure about the crotch flap bit, I'm a messy eater and I can't even imagine the food stains from missed bits of dinner. However there are non crotch flap versions (YAY!)

M7185- Dress


I love this wrap dress! Its rated easy (yay!) and comes in a pencil version (pictured) and a gathered skirt version (not pictured) with either 3/4 or short sleeves. Cool and versatile, I think its fabulous, although I think I would feel a tad sell conscious in a wrap dress with a high front split

M7189-Dress


Cute but not revolutionary this is a good basic dress for wintertime.

M7186-Dress


I love this dress, It looks comfy, sexy and flattering.

M7187-Dress

A cute 60s styled dress with a straight, gathered and pleated skirt options plus pockets, tabs and short/sleeveless designs. Its a cute option for people who love the mod fashions of the 1960s. I'm not hugely into that era, however I think this is a gorgeous dress ( I love tartan). 

M7204-jacket, coat, dress, top and pants

I love this jacket. Look how elegant that model looks! You get a load of options with this pattern and could make a whole wardrobe of basics. I would buy it for that coat alone. She is killing it! 

M7191-Top


Keyhole detail so your friends can annoy you by poking you with their cold hands

M7196-Top 


Somebody at McCalls is really into these front droopy panel bits. 

M7199-Jacket


Show off your mad zip skills with this one

M7193-Top


10/10 would buy. I can see this tucked into a pencil skirt or high waist wide legged pants to play up the vintage vibes. 

M7203- Jumpsuit



Not going to lie, jumpsuits confuse me. How do you get in? How do you get out?



Alecia xx

*All of these photos were taken from the McCalls pattern website and are not mine. All of my opinions are my own and if you like something I don't like thats okay! If I like something you think is awful thats totally okay as well :) * 


4 comments:

  1. It warms my heart (a lot!) that you can still get patterns for vintage looking matching mother-daughter dresses. Love, love, love!

    What a fun, inspiring post, sweet gal. Thank you very much for this super enjoyable roundup.

    Have a stellar first weekend of summer!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh so many great patterns! I love the first too... I need them.. But have a huge pile of patterns I haven't started yet haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I especially love the second one, I've wanted a pinafore skirt like that for ages but haven't been able to find a vintage one yet. Perhaps I'll have to make one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I love the mother-daughter one! My mom and I used to make matching dresses for ourselves so this brought back such cute memories :)
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)