Friday, 1 January 2016

Happy New Year to you all!


First of all, I hope you all have a fantastic year! I hope this year is better than the last for each and every one of you. Let us all be kinder, happier and healthier human beings, let us all try new things, spend time with those we love and strive to be better. Let all our loved ones be in good health and close to our hearts.

 I feel like the new year is a great time to reflect on ourselves and the people we want to be. I don't view resolutions as a concrete set of 'must do' things that involve failure if you don't complete them. I see them as things to strive for, if you fall down thats okay, but you get up and keep going. I made some resolutions for 2015, some of them I achieved (yay!), some of them I did not, but thats okay. I read MORE than 10 books! For some this might sound like so few, but for a student who reads so much for a degree it is hard to find time to fit in reading for fun. I tried joining a sports team in an effort to be more active but this affected my health terribly. For those who don't know, my thoracic and lumbar spine is almost completely fused so getting active can be so hard on my body. I tried yoga, but it is difficult when you can hardly do any of the moves! So I may not achieved that one this year but I learnt what NOT to do and that will help me find a way to make it work in the future. My limited time for sewing made making 10 garments hard and I feel that looking back that might have been a tad too optimistic, but thats okay because now I know to go easier on myself. Also, spotlight sales definitely got in the way of my hope to sew five existing patterns before I buy a new one. That I think was again far too optimistic! Sometimes you just have to go with it an make the most of the opportunities (like sales or eBay bargains) while they happen. It's okay. I didn't get to bake once a month, again my time for activities was limited and I feel like looking back on that resolution it made the idea of baking more of a chore than something to be enjoyed. Because I really do enjoy it! Create a study routine that works, ha! Well, I made one that works but sticking to it is another thing so I'm not sure how to feel about that one!

For 2016 I hope to

  1. Spend more time with friends and let them know how much they mean to me
  2. Spend more time in my home town with my brother and nanas who I do not see enough of.
  3. Find more time to sew and put less pressure on myself to make 'perfect' garments
  4. Be 'present' more often
  5. Read more books than I read last year (15)
  6. Be a better blogger!
  7. Look after my health and stop ignoring it or prioritising it lower than it should be
What are your resolutions or hopes for the new year? Did you complete any of the ones you made for last year? 

Have a wonderful new year! 
Alecia xx

2 comments:

  1. Joyful New Year's wishes, sweet dear! I hope that all of your plans for the coming twelve months go swimmingly.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your resolutions sound really constructive, Alecia. And in regards to last year's ones, I definitely think one of the most important things you can do is work out what *doesn't* work for you! Finding an exercise I enjoy was on my list for quite a few years, and being able to try something and go "yup, not for me" really helps. Anyway good job on reaching your book reading goal, and having a red hot crack at the others ^____^

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)