Sunday, 16 April 2017

My first cross stitch: The Smith Street Band


I got a cross stitch book for christmas and ever since I have been obsessed with it. I always saw cross stitch as a very boring looking craft. After all I'd never seen anything but those 'home sweet home' patterns. Alas, my life changed after being introduced to the world of subversive cross stitch and the realisation that this was actually the type of craft I had been waiting for. For my very first cross stitch I actually decided to make my own pattern. This was pretty simple as it was just lettering and only a single colour was used (black). It was a huge learning curve and although it is not perfect I am so in love with it. 

"We are more than future housewives" 

This came from the lyrics of a song by The Smith Street Band which is a favourite of mine in Australia. The song is called birthdays.  I had been singing along to it non stop so I decided to use the lyrics that I probably loved the most. 


I feel like this is a reminder that even though you may come up against people that don't respect you, that does not define your value. Whoever you are, whatever you do, you are always more than the labels people try to give you. Your worth is not defined by those who try and dismiss you. 

 Enjoy!


xx Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for commenting. I read every single comment and will try and reply as soon as possible.

Have a lovely day! :)